Basic Pool Cleaning Tips, from your Dallas pool builder, Artesian Custom Pools
It is necessary to clean and maintain your pool on a regular basis. Routine maintenance on your pool requires minimal effort if it is done regularly.
The steps to cleaning a pool include the following:
1. Skim the surface of the pool water with a net attached to a tele-pole.
2. Brush the pool walls to move any dirt and debris toward the main drain.
3. Empty the skimmer baskets.
4. Empty the cleaner catch bag.
5. Vacuum the pool
- Turn on the equipment.
- Connect the vacuum head and hose to the tele-pole.
- Once the hose is activated, vacuum the floor of the pool slowly.
6. Empty the pump basket (turn off the equipment).
- To clean the pump basket correctly, please refer to the product manufacturer’s guidelines.
7. Check the filter gauge
- Clean the filter if the gauge is 10 pounds above normal.
- To clean the filter correctly, please refer to the product manufacturer’s detailed guidelines.
8. Check the chemicals
- Using a test-kit, check the chlorine, ph, alkalinity, calcium levels and salt content (if you have a salt generator).
We recommend Hoops Pool Service for our customers. You can visit their website www.HoopsPoolService.com or call them today at 214-507-7880.
Categories: Pool Maintenance Tips | Posted on Apr - 27 - 2015